Monday

Cold air and country roads



Hey howdy hey people that I love!

I could just tell you all to look at the pictures and be jealous and then end the email there...but that isn't very Christlike is it? ;) haha this week was a good one. I love being a missionary in Montana :) Best mission ever. And don't even try to argue that. *see pictures* haha

For reals though. I had the time of my life visiting Broadview a few times this last week. We cover two wards here, Monad and Echo Canyon. Monad is closer to our apartment and most of it is in the "city". The Echo canyon Ward is out past the temple and cleeeeeeeeeeeeeear out to the middle of nowhere above the rims. It takes about 40 minutes to get to Broadview from the apartment. Needless to say, we don't get out there much. BUT this week was different. We had a dinner planned with the Brown family. Man oh man. I love the Browns. They have....wait for it....11 kids! Yep. A regular Seegmiller family dinner for me! I loved every second :) They invited a less active and a non member to dinner and we taught the restoration with the other kids helping us teach. I love the spirit felt every time we are able to teach the restoration. There is power in truth my friends :) Anyway, Rex is working towards getting to the temple. He's the less active that came and his sister is the nonmember. He owns a pizza place and we go and teach him there once a week. We are hoping to go visit his sister this next week and see if she wants to learn more :)

Later in the week we spent the afternoon in Acton and Broadview visiting members and finding less actives. This is the first time I've been there when the sun has been up. GORGEOUS. And. We could actually find people because we could see the house numbers! ...and the actual houses...Hahaha #smalltownprobs After meeting with a bunch of members (I LOVE THEM SO MUCH) we embarked to the outskirts of town find our dinner. ...that sounds wrong....I mean to find the house of the family that was feeding us dinner. It starting to get dark, and Google maps lied to us *1 hour and 6 hay fields later* we  finally found it and had the best chili ever :) I'm amazed at how hardworking all the people are that I have met here. Many have built the homes they are living in. Many work on farms. And they serve in the church happily giving their all to their Father in Heaven. I'm so grateful that my Heavenly Father sent me here to meet the people that I have met and learn from their examples.

I'm so excited to dive into the Book of Mormon this year again :) I love seeing my missionary Book of Mormon becoming more and more filled with notes and markings. My scriptures will be VERY loved this year. I just finished Alma. SO MANY GREAT THINGS. One chapter that particularly stuck out to me was chapter 37. Alma is speaking to his son Helaman. I put myself in Helaman's shoes (after all, we should liken the scriptures to us right?)

33 Preach unto them repentance, and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ;
teach them to humble themselves and to be meek and lowly in heart;
teach them to withstand every temptation of the devil, with their
faith on the Lord Jesus Christ.
34 Teach them to never be weary of good works, but to be meek and
lowly in heart; for such shall find rest to their souls.

We should never "weary of good works." It even says throughout the scriptures that we need to be "anxiously engaged in a good cause." Must be important eh? So. I encourage you all, myself included, to never weary of good works. :) Have you done any good in the world today? No? Change that ;)

Love y'all!
Sister Fletcher :)



She lovingly finishes her granola bar outside because she know the smell makes me sick ;) haha she's great. 

  
awkward pose in the snow outside our apartment   






2 comments:

  1. I love and miss serving as a missionary in the Montana Billing Mission. Thank you Sister Flecher for sharing your mission experience with your friends and family. Consider yourself 'Blessed'. May the blessing of the spirit continue you to be with you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love and miss serving as a missionary in the Montana Billing Mission. Thank you Sister Flecher for sharing your mission experience with your friends and family. Consider yourself 'Blessed'. May the blessing of the spirit continue you to be with you! :-)

    ReplyDelete