Tuesday

Four boxes of tissues

Hey everyone!!

Man oh man. It was a crazy week. Between insane lessons, exchanges, being sick, and awesome reunions with some of my favorite people...I'm not quite sure where to start!

Birthday shout out to my sister Aubrey! SWEET SIXTEEN. Where has the time gone?! All you Utah people stay off the roads! ;)

On Monday we had what was probably our final lesson with Mark. He refuses to see things with an eye of faith. I've never been so sad and so frustrated in my life than I was after that lesson! I know he still wants to know but only time will tell if he will pray about the Book of Mormon and read it will real intent. *sigh of exasperation*

I was on exchanges in the YSA Ward and we had an awesome lesson with two of their investigators about the plan of salvation. When we asked one of them what her understanding was of the three kingdoms she said "Well Celestial, that's where we go and chill with our families and God, and then Terrestrial...that's where all of the extra-terrestrials lives. And Telestial...that's where the dinosaurs are" hahahahahahahahaha so close. We spent a lot of time explaining after that. Hahahaha

Funny story: I had a pretty bad case of the hiccups in the car when we pulled up to a house we were going to knock on. I lingered for a bit because I knew the hiccups would be SO distracting to whoever opened the door. We finally decided after some time that they weren't going to go away...so we said a prayer and got out of the car. I hiccuped allll the way to the door and right up until it opened. Once the door was opened they disappeared! HOW COOL IS THAT?! They came right back as soon as the door closed. It's also true with sneezing in lessons. Hahaha

We had zone conference on Thursday! It was so great! The Wadsworth's and the assistants came to do some training and I learned so much. I. Love. The. Wadsworths. :) We talked a lot about becoming who God wants us to be by doing what we are supposed to do. I especially loved the training the assistants did on obedience and teaching repentance. In order to teach repentance, we need to be applying that in our own lives.

This weekend we had stake conference! Sunday was pretty much the best day of my life. It was so wonderful.  By the end of this transfer I will have spent a year of my mission in the Missoula Montana Stake, so it was almost like a big family reunion at stake conference. There were so many great moments. Sister Crosland and I were standing at the door talking to someone and turned around to find brother Krantz standing right in front of us! I immediately burst into tears! (I'm not kidding about 4 boxes of tissues. It was mostly from being sick though ;)) There was no stopping them! I haven't seen him in almost a year and memories of chopping wood and coming home for the night to talk to him and Sister Krantz just flooded back! SUCH A HAPPY MOMENT!!! It was also absolutely amazing to talk to C. Oh my goodness, we tried to hard to teach C while I was serving in St. Iggy. We would make excuses to go to the store he worked at just to try and make contact and do anything we could to get him to come back to church. Well, 4 weeks after I left the area, Sister Crosland came. And she tried the same route with C. Pretending to buy light bulbs, using the fax machine, anything! Haha But this time, the time was right. She began teaching him, and the walls that kept the light of the gospel from his life came tumbling down. When we saw him at stake conference there was an unmistakable light in his eyes. He was SO HAPPY. After conference he told us his story since we had both left the area. He went back to the temple and had amazing experiences there. Tears were in all of our eyes as we talked about the joy the gospel brings. It was an amazing moment. :) The gospel of Jesus Christ truly does change lives. :)

We talked a lot about the Sabbath day in stake conference and there was one part in particular that stuck out to me. Elder Scott shared the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 123:17 "Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." He explained that when we do something cheerfully, we are doing it with faith. We see the big picture and trust in God that it will work out. I loved that perspective of faith! It's so true!

I love you all. I'm so grateful to be serving in Missoula, Montana as a missionary. :) I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is my best friend. I'm so grateful for this wonderful church and the blessing it is to be a part of it. :) Miracles happen everyday :)

Be happy, work hard!
Love, Sister Fletcher

 
YSA exchange

 
Man, my boots didn't make it.



No comments:

Post a Comment