Monday

Crunchy leaves and rainy days

Hi hi hi!

I cannot believe how much happened this last week! It's been absolutely crazy busy and I've LOVED IT. MLC was awesome as usual. I came away with a huge motivation to be better, and an equally huge headache haha. Our car was in the shop from Monday to Friday, so we were on the bikes all week minus driving to Helena when we stole the Hamilton Elders' car. There was no way I was biking to Helena. Nope. That aside, I really do love biking. And we found this fancy trail that goes straight through our area so biking was much more enjoyable and safe ;)

Still having the struggle of a lifetime with our teaching pool. I feel like I've never worked so hard in my life, and yet nothing seems to be happening! There are always little miracles everyday though and I'm confident that things are going to pick up soon :)

Wasn't general conference the best?!?! I felt like every single talk was directed exactly to me. I had about 6 questioned written down on my iPad that I was searching for answers to and I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of answers I received. Each question had multiple answers from multiple talks. It strengthened my testimony that God truly is aware of each one of us and he wants us to get answers to the questions we have.

Some highlights for me:

"As she looked to the book, she looked to the Lord" -Elder Stevenson.
Was it just me or did they talk about the Book of Mormon and the restoration A LOT?! I was eating it all up.

"We teach and baptize to bring JOY to the people of the world."- I can't remember who said that... But I loved it. And I loved all of the talks about increasing joy by repenting and living the gospel. Russell M. Nelsons was a favorite of mine.

Craig C. Christensen. Nuff said. I wanted to run a victory lap after he spoke. I've already listened to his talk twice since they posted the video on click here. SO GOOD. Joseph Smith truly is a prophet of God.

I just loved it all so much. My testimony of the gospel has been strengthened so much since being set apart as a full time missionary. I have never come across so many people that hate and revile against Jesus Christ and his church. I've never been asked so many hard questions about church history. I've never reexamined the truthfulness of the gospel so much. And yet, with all of the questions, attacks, and negativity thrown at me, I have never been so sure in my life that Jesus Christ is at the head of this church. He speaks to the prophets and apostles we have today.  Joseph Smith was the prophet of the restoration of the gospel. He did, in reality, see God and Jesus Christ. He held priesthood keys, keys that are still on the earth today. As a missionary I operate under these keys. It is the greatest blessing I've ever experienced to be serving a full time mission. I have a Heavenly Father that loves me exponentially more than I can even comprehend. He loves me so much that he lets me suffer, and struggle, and hit low points, so that I can learn for myself how incredibly blessed I am to KNOW that He has a plan for me. His plan is perfect. It's oh so very perfect. His plan provides for us the opportunity to experience so much joy. Like Ammon "I cannot say the smallest part of which I feel." I know that this time I have as a missionary is short. I can't believe how short it is. An Elder said in his departing testimony on Tuesday, "it goes by so fast it's not even fair." *Sister Fletcher ensues BAWLING* But I am so grateful for the time I DO have. It's such a blessing.

Gearing up for a great week! Missoula is absolutely breathtaking this time of year. I find myself following the trails of crunchy leaves with my bike, trying to hit as many as I possibly can Hahaha I'm pretty sure Sister Crosland thinks I'm crazy ;)

Love you all! Be happy and work hard! Email me your favorite parts of General conference!

Love, Sister Fletcher


 Beautiful Missoula. I don't know who that weird missionary is....;)

 Clark Fork
when the power goes out during studies...


 MLC with the Wadsworths :)

 
my Mtc group at MLC

 
biking allll the days

No comments:

Post a Comment