Monday

Code White!!!



AFBNVA;EFWACB[EOUBWFDSA[OIEF'[IOEHBWFAOEBCF
Guys.
Being a missionary.
SO GREAT.

There are so many things I want to tell all of you and BARELY ANY TIME TO DO IT. This week was the most spiritual, crazy, debilitating, happy, roller coaster of a week! I wouldn't have it any other way though! Just like the scriptures  say-and I can't find the exact reference right now "all things work together for our good" The good and the bad. It all has a purpose. :)

This week started out with MLT (Mission leadership training) in Missoula with two other zones. President and Sister Wadsworth instructed us on keeping the Sabbath day holy and obedience. 8 hours of training. Just on that. I LOVED IT. And I learned so much. The biggest take away for me was how important it is to prepare for the sacrament each Sunday. We were told that as missionaries, we need to be the example of reverence. I was immediately reminded of an experience I had as a young teenager. I had done something wrong -at this point I can't remember what- and I was sent to my room to think about what I had done. I was crying (no surprise) when my dad came in. I was pretty scared for what the fate of my punishment would be. I remember my dad standing at the door and he simply said, "Savanna, you're the oldest child in this family. I need you to be the example for your younger siblings. Can you do that?" I nodded. "Good" And that was that! But that has stuck with me ever since. Just like my Dad expects me to be the example to my siblings, our heavenly father expects those of us who know what we should be doing to be the examples to those who maybe aren't as far as we are in progression of the gospel. SO. On Sunday. I invite all of you to be the example. Sit reverently before the meeting starts and study the scriptures. Think about the Savior. Think about what you can do to improve this coming week. And think about the things you did well. God doesn't want us to be discouraged every time we take the sacrament. He wants us to see the hope we have because of what Jesus Christ did for us. 

Sister Wright and I were able to be there for Robin's baptism on Friday. Man. Those things are STRESSFUL to plan for!!! But so worth it. :)  It was an absolutely wonderful day. :) I'm glad I was able to play a small part in her getting to that day. She cried the whole time. :) We're a lot alike in that way ;) Before she was baptized, Sister Wright and I sang the primary song "When I am Baptized." The spirit came into the room SO STRONGLY. Music is powerful. It invites the Holy Ghost faster than anything. Robin is planning on going through the Billings Temple 1 year from now. Great way to end a mission? I think yes :) 

This weekend was Stake Conference as well as exchanges in Missoula! the 20 missionaries in our stake had breakfast at the Stake President's house Saturday morning. We. Are. So. Loved. Here. I just wish I could do more to help the leaders of the church serving in this area. They are amazing examples to me. If a mission has taught me anything, it has taught me what kind of member I want to be when I get home. It's not enough to just casually dip our toes into this gospel. We are expected to plunge right in- sometimes head first! God expects us to put our all into hastening his work-missionary or not. And technically we're all missionaries. Anyway, Stake conference was wonderful. It was awesome to sit next to Robin as she smiled through the entire thing. :) Ah. The gospel is SO true. :)

WELP! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
Be happy.
Don't hate me for chopping off all my hair. 
Love, Sissy Fletch


 Sometimes..the dishwasher...

Huckleberry ice cream at the malt shop!


 Yes mom, I'm taking all the thousands of vitamins you sent ;)
And...I got my hair cut. Whoops!
 Exchanges in Missoula

 Polson Sisters. Sister King. Love her. Mtc buddy. We've been in the same area for our whole missions, about 30 minutes apart :) 


Happy happy baptism day!


No comments:

Post a Comment