Tuesday

It just keeps getting better

OH. MY. HEAVENS.

Are you ready for THE BEST NEWS IN THE HISTORY OF EVER?!?! Sister Hodgson and I.....are.......BOTH STAYING IN MISSOULA. We screamed. And cried. And pretty much ran a victory lap around the car when we found out. THE WORK MOVES FORWARD. I'm so so so so sooooo excited. We have a good thing going here in the third ward and it just makes me SO happy that we get to keep chugging along. :)

The past 5 days have been crazy. We biked about 35 miles in 2 days. That was pretty insane. It just so happened to be raining for about 20 of those miles. I've never been so wet and cold and covered in mud. It was so fun :) oh and along with biking crazy amounts...here's a funny story for you. Definitely one for the books. Sister Hodgson and I had just eaten a HUGE dinner at Good Food Store with a member. We were stuffed to the brim and then she bought us desert. We were so full. So then we biked around finding people and then headed over to Jonathan's to have a lesson with him and he brings out a MASSIVE slice of chocolate cake for us. I was convinced that that was the end of me.
I prayed so hard to get that cake down. Miraculously got it down, and we start to bike home. We get about 5 minutes away...and Sister Hodgson pulls over on her bike and starts to gag. Still no vomit to be seen. We continue biking and she pulls over again a minute later and nearly vomits again. This happens about 5 more times before we get home. Poor girl. Never eating that much again.  "That was the longest bike ride of my liiiiife" -Sister Hodgson. TMI? Oh well ;)

We had TONS of miracles. It has been so cool to see how excited the members have been getting over here about missionary work. Yesterday, we had a group of about 12 single adults in the ward and a few from the stake meet at the church to try and find the 199 other singles in the ward. Yep. You read that right. 199 single members of the ward. CRAZY. Sister Hodgson and I split up and went with two sisters. I ended up being with Sister Savage from the St. Ignatius ward!  My first area! Her and her husband are the stake single adult reps. We had a list of people to go and see. Many of the house addresses were wrong or the people had moved, but we talked to tons of people! And we have a few
return appointments. I love splits. It helps remind me that missionary work NEVER ends :)

When Elder Anderson was here he said something that really stuck out to me, "we do things not because of our callings, but because of our covenants." When we are baptized and when we go to the temple we essentially covenant to be Christlike. To minister to others. To uplift them. To "mourn with those that mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort." When we receive callings to serve in the church we serve not because we are the relief society president, or the nursery teacher, or even a full time missionary! We serve because we promised to keep covenants and serve in whatever capacity we are asked to!  Pretty cool. Puts a "why" behind everything we do in the church.

Morgan is doing well. Sister Hodgson went and visited her when we were on splits. Turns out it was the perfect time because Morgan had just lost her job and was having a rough day. AND. The member that was with Sister Hodgson just so happened to have a very similar background to Morgan and so they hit it off and now the member is bringing Morgan to the single adult activities. WAHOO! Jonathan came to 2 hours of church on Sunday. He loved it. It's the first time he's been in 6 weeks! Mary also came, she's a returning less active and it was her first time coming to church in over 6 months and she stayed the whole time! I strongly believe that both of them came because we had the right member at both of the lessons we had with them this week.  We had a returning less active bring Mary so that was awesome! I love serving in this ward :)

Also. HOW IS IT THE 4TH OF JULY NEXT WEEK?!?!?  My favorite holiday and I didn't even notice until this very moment that it's in a week! Crazy. Go watch the fireworks from my spot for me k? :) I think that's basically my update from me for the week! I love being a missionary. I love the joy it brings. This is truly the work that brings the most happiness.

Love, Sister Fletcher

Remember this song? I tried to explain it to Sister Hodgson and I have never seen anyone so stressed out. Hahahahahahahahaha

 Hokulia Smiles

We got a note from the friend of a potential basically telling
us that we weren't Christian, hadn't been saved, and that "we are
truly sorry that you have been misguided" so...we wrote one back. And
then Xong called us and said we could come back! WOOT!!!

 
for jwall ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment