Tuesday

Ooo-da-lally golly what a day

Heeeeeey :)

I started this week out by climbing a mountain. Needless to say, lots of great this happened the rest of the week. :) I absolutely adore Missoula. It's a special brand of Montana culture and I love it.  We had two exchanges this week with some amazing sisters! One of my favorite parts of being a missionary is making so many friends :) We had a lot of cool miracles happen here in Missoula and then later in
Hamilton. I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK.

My brain is so scattered.

Ah.

We still don't have a phone... So that's fun...

Hamilton is AWESOME. I want to serve there sometime. Such a cute town.
We almost got eaten by a dog. Other than that, lots of great work going on over there. :)

I about had a heart attack yesterday when I got a message from the mission presidents wife saying to "call president as soon as possible" Cool... I'll just sit through 3 hours of church and try not to PANIC. We were convinced it was going to be a mid transfer. Turns out, we just have to give a discussion in MLC. NBD. (Ha. Very big deal)
But I'm not panicking.
Nope
Not at all....#thankspres #loveyatoo

We had our ward 24th of July party on the 23rd. SO GREAT. The Kearney's (new investigators) came and they loved it! The ward also sent us home with allll the leftovers... I think at this point we've eaten an entire watermelon between the two of us. :)

All of the craziness aside, this week has been pretty darn stressful and has caused me to ponder a lot on the atonement and our Savior. The discussion we are giving tomorrow in MLC will have to do with mental illness. It has become SO prevalent in this world, and missionaries are no exception. As I have studied, the thought that keeps sticking out to me is this: We live in a fallen world. None of us are perfect. We all will suffer temptations, trials, and hardship. MULTIPLE TIMES in our lives. Sometimes, it will seem never ending.

But, there is hope.

There is always always hope.

Hope that we can get through ANYTHING.

We need to realize that with every temptation, every trial, every hardship that we absolutely CANNOT do it alone. We can't. It's not possible. These trials are designed to help us to know that God is real and that He is there and that He can help us "after all we can do" (2 Nephi 25:23) That means we need to get the help we need. Priesthood blessing, professional help, medical, ect. It's when we use all the resources that we have that hope and light become real. :) Being on a mission, I've learned that darkness is real. It's so so so so soooooo real. And if we let it it WILL overtake us. But light is also oh so very real, and it can lift us and help us to see the good, true, and beautiful things in this world. But only if we let it!

So. Let's open up the blinds. Let's open the doors and window and let in the LIGHT.

I know without a single doubt in my mind that our Heavenly Father loves us more than we can comprehend. He knows us perfectly, and he loves us perfectly. Jesus Christ is our brother and our Savior. He lives. He is there for us ALWAYS. No matter what. No exceptions. I know that it is only through him that we will be able to have eternal life. We will be able to be with our families FOREVER if we just trust in Gods divine plan for us.

Love you all!
Sister Fletcher :)
 Hamilton sky<3

 so...much...food.

 MLC last transfer. Love those crazies.

 Wahoo for exchange slumber parties!

Sister Harris and I. Oh how I LOVE HER!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Savanna, I enjoy reading all your emails. I just noticed that beautiful stream in your header.I am so unobservant. I would love to go fishing in Montana, and hunting. Glad you are so happy on your mission. Love, Grandpa S

    ReplyDelete