Monday

Thunderstorms, thankfulness, and talking to EVERYONE

Heyyyyyyy YOU! Happy Monday!

...will someone please explain to me how I am once again sitting and staring at this iPad screen completely bewildered that it is once again Monday?! It seems like this is the only time of the week when time pauses. Crazy.

Today we have a lot of shopping to get done and then some volleyball to play! Then tonight we will be street contacting and finding people to baptize :) WHAT A GREAT DAY. :) There was this INSANE thunderstorm last night. Sister Hodgson and I huddled together by our window smelling the rain and taking in the FANTASTIC lightning and thunder. It took me back to nights in the cabin at Fish Lake.

This last week we really focused on talking to absolutely everyone in sight wherever we go. In preach my gospel chapter 9 it says "talk to as many people as you can each day" and we have really been taking that to heart. It's sometimes terrifying, but also really fun :) We've had some terribly awkward conversations. A few days ago we were biking and I was leading the way on a decently busy road. There was this man walking in front of us on the sidewalk and I had NO CLUE how to talk to him without freaking him out. "HEY YOU! Missionaries coming behind you!! *toss pamphlet* DO YOU WANT TO GET BAPTIZED?!" Probably not a good idea. ;) Hahaha so we went with "heyyyy! Do you happen to know directions to..... *blanking on street name* ummmm Guerdette drive?" Yep. That street doesn't exist. It's the last name of someone were teaching. #oops We recovered from it though and pronounced it a different way to match a street that we DID know. Thank heavens there's a street called "Gharrett" and he totally believed us when we changed it to that street name. We talked to him for a while! He's not from Missoula but he has lots of member friends in California! Hopefully he asks them questions about what the crazy missionaries do! :)

This week I went to the beautiful town of Darby on exchanges! It's right near the Idaho-Montana border and it was SO GREAT!! I relished every second in that small town. There were 5 main streets and then just outskirts of the town. So it's pretty tiny!! The sister I was with is AMAZING at using the scriptures when she teaches. She explained each verse we read with people so clearly and simply. And the spirit came into the lesson SO STRONGLY because of that. It was awesome. Something I want to be better at. We tracted for about an hour and met tons of cool people. Not interested....but very sweet. :) The next morning we helped at a small food bank. I refilled bags of sugar while my companion put orders for people together. Everyone was so happy! And we got to teach one of the workers a little bit about what our church believes. Wahoo!!

It was a great week. :) I'm SO thankful for so many things.

My awesome companion for putting up with me singing Vocal Point at the top of my lungs when we go on road trips.

The RAIN.

President and Sister Wadsworth and the mission office staff (Especially Elder Kay for not hating us when we break our phone by dropping it in a puddle...)

Facebook messenger and almost everyone having a Facebook....it's our only means of contact now...

A ward missionary who refilled our fridge with amazing food.

The Hendersons. I LOVE living in their home. Their dog Gracie *almost* likes me.

The great Elders and Sisters I serve around. They're doing amazing things here in Missoula!

The Book of Mormon. It's true true true! And that makes me happy :)

Being a MISSIONARY. I'll never be able to thank my Heavenly Father enough for trusting me with this little corner of Montana.

Have a happy week! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Love, Sister Fletcher


There was a deer chillin the the yard! We almost pet it! The
second we pulled out the camera it turned around :(


 Our broken phone:(

One of our Ward missionaries and a pile of dirt we had to comb
through for good pieces of sod. SO FUN. Also. That pile was quadruple
that size before we attacked it. Just sayin.



 The things you find in zoo town....

No comments:

Post a Comment