Monday

Minute by Minute, That's How You Win It!



PEOPLE THAT I LOVE SO MUCH!!!!
Hi :) How are you all? I hope you had a wonderful 24th of July and watched some fireworks for me. Sister Rammell and I got to go to both ward parties and eat lots and lots of potato salad. :) We got everything moved and mostly unpacked this week! WOOT. My stuff is spread out all over the state of Montana. I guess I'll just have to stay for 16 more months to pick it all back up ;)

Something I've learned and relearned since being on my mission is that NOTHING turns out the way you plan it. Absolutely nothing. So I'm learning to just go with the flow, because God is taking care of everything and he knows a whole lot more than I do. :) Thank goodness for that. 
We met with a lady in our ward the other day and she wrote us and the other sister missionaries a poem. But needless to say, there were tears in Sister Fletcher's eyes ;) I love being a missionary. I love that it's the hardest thing I've ever done. I love that I'm learning so much. I love that I'm in Montana. :)

Earlier this week we got to have breakfast with President Lindsey. He's a counselor in the stake presidency here and has an awesome family. He has a pretty young family, ranging from age 15 to 6 weeks old. 8 kids and they all want to serve missions! They stuck to the elders like glue and drank of every word we said. :) So cute. Anyway, Sister Lindsey gave us a little thought that has stuck with me ever since. She talked about how if we want big things to happen we have to start with the smaller things. And sometimes it's hard to see the progression when we start with smaller things. But we don't need to worry about seeing things. I mean, we believe in God, and we can't see him, right? I wish I could explain it better, but that will have to do for now :) Keep doing to small and simple things. Just like it says in Newsies, Minute by Minute, that's how you win it. It's so true! Read the talk from the most recent general conference titled "Stay by The Tree" It's amazing.

I love you all so much. The church is true. 
Love, Sister Fletcher
Sister Missionaries: 
I know some special women
Who gave up all they knew
To walk an often shadowed path
Just to find the "precious few".

They share a word, they touch a heart
A bit of wisdom do impart.
They lift a spirit, share a smile,
Take time to stop and "sit awhile".

My missionary sisters Have been often in my life.
Their appearance seems to herald change
As they steer me thru the strife.

They speak of Heaven, warn of Hell,
Sweet hymns of praise they sing.
With testimony arm themselves 
For they know the power it brings.

Each one of them I cherish.
When they leave my heart is blue.
Although my Heavenly Father's sent them off
To find His own... His "precious few".
--by Robin Fry

 Gorgeous mission mountains...and the lovely crack in the windshield.

 Playing Heads Up with job corps kids! I. Love. Job. Corps. We go every Sunday with a couple from the ward and share a little thought and play a game. They are ages 16-25 normally and come from some pretty hard backgrounds. Job corps is where they learn a trade and are integrated into the work force as adults:)

 'X' marks the spot.

This would be how to weekly plan for two different wards. #wearepros #thatmissionarylife

No comments:

Post a Comment