Monday

A Smile is Like The Sunshine :D

November 9, 2015

HEY!
HOW ARE YOU ALL?! 
Are you having the best day ever so far?!
I sure am :)

Guess.
What.
It snowed this week :D And it's actually QUITE cold. I LOVE IT. 
I might say differently two months from now, but as of this moment, snow is great and the cold is wonderful. :) The missionary work in this part of the Lord's vineyard is hastening. This week it happened to be in ways unseen. haha One of the downsides to this whole "winter" thing: PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY STARTED TO HIBERNATE LIKE UNTO THE BEARS. It gets dark at 5:45....So we get out of dinner at 6 and start tracting...and everyone just decides to curl up in bed and ignore us knocking on the door! How rude. So we are brainstorming how to get people to let two cold but smiling sister missionaries in. :) 

I finished up the Book of Mormon this last week. :) It's bittersweet every time I finish it. I'm always so excited to read about all the missionary work throughout Mosiah and Alma, and then SO sad to get to Moroni and read about all the wickedness and destruction. Moroni though. What. A. Guy. Let's look at this for a second. Mormon writes a letter to his son, Moroni. At this point, there are 24 Nephites left. Mormon recounts all the sadness and destruction he has seen in this great and final battle. Then in Moroni 9:25 he says something to Moroni that I think a lot of us don't think of too much. “My son, be faithful in Christ and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up. and may his sufferings and death,. and the showing of his body unto our fathers. and the hope of his glory and of eternal life rest in your mind forever." Basically. "Moroni, don't be sad. Don't dwell on the things that I just told you. Think of Christ and what he has done for our ancestors and for us. He lives, and because he lives we can have eternal life." This part in the Book of Mormon has stuck with me all week. If anyone had a reason to be sad, it was Moroni. If anyone had a reason to give up, it was Moroni. If anyone had a reason to be depressed, it was Moroni. And I bet he was sad! But he didn't let it get to him or affect his work. Those final verses in Moroni are ones of joy and hope. He used the atonement to fill his heart with hope. Knowing that things right at that moment were bleak, but it wouldn't be that way forever. We should do the same. When trials come and life gets hard, don't dwell on it. Find hope through the gospel. Moroni did. :) 

I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It's true. It's true. IT'S TRUE. There isn't a doubt in my mind. I have a burning feeling in my heart even as I am typing this. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It was written by prophets that he called in ancient times FOR OUR DAY. They worked diligently so that we might also find the joy of the gospel, the joy that comes from knowing that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. That book can change your life. It changed mine. And it has changed the lives of so many others. Has it changed yours?

I love you all SO much. :) Be happy. Smile! :)

Love, Sister Fletcher


IT'S COLD. But we love it :)

Sometimes....when you're recovering  from being sick....you just have to take a nap in the car.

Snow and the lords ford.
 


Sister Bell and Sister King stayed the night at our place. Love them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment