Monday

Lessons Around the Campfire

Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely week. IT'S APRIL. IT'S WARM. I LOVE IT. If only I wasn't allergic to the amazing state. Hahahaha I have not been able to stop sneezing ALL WEEK LONG. Haha We are planning on hiking the Rims today :) I'm so excited.

This week went pretty well for the Mighty Monad Ward and its missionaries. :) In Ward council yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about how much I love the Ward members here. They are all so amazing and are true examples to me. Bishop welcomed Sister Wach to the Ward and said "I hate to break it to you, but you're going to cry your eyes out when you leave this Ward" He. Couldn't. Be. More. Right. By the end of this transfer, I will have spent 6 months here, just like St. Iggy. :) I'm convincing myself that I'm never leaving. Ever.

We have done a lot of finding this past week trying to build the work back up. There was one day we were in a trailer park trying to find a less active member. We had the address of the park, but not the trailer number. We knocked on a few doors with no answer and so I turned to Sister Wach and asked what one she thought we should go to. She looked around for a bit and then pointed to a trailer with a bunch of little kids running around outside. Great. The most awkward door to walk up to. Haha so we knock on the door, and a man answers. We asked for the person we are looking for..."Hold on I'll go grab her" SO COOL. We are meeting with her tomorrow morning. :)

We saw a lot of miracles with finally being able to track down people we have met with and then have never been able to schedule with again. It's amazing the things that have transpired in their lives to better prepare them to meet with us and accept the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We helped Melanie move out this week. She is taking care of Vanessa's kids (her grandkids) while Vanessa is in jail. Vanessa had her court date and will be in jail for another year. Well, this means that she looses the house she lived in and that Melanie is currently living in. Many members of the Relief Society came and helped pack. It was complete chaos, but we got it done. Those two cute kids of Vanessa's melt my heart. I can't imagine the things they have already gone through and the things they still will go though. They just want love. The need for the gospel in their home is unreal.

The Pioneer Park sisters had a baptism in their Ward on Saturday. We have met the FAMILY that was baptized due to a lot of dropping the sister off and picking them up at their house so we got to attend their baptism. Yes. A FAMILY. The spirit at the baptism was so strong. It brought back memories and thoughts of my own baptism and the importance of knowing the covenants that we make. It also really motivated me to find allllll the people and baptize alllll the people :) ITS SO IMPORTANT.

Annika (one of our 9 year olds) will be getting baptized at the end of the month! She FINALLY came to church yesterday! She woke up her mom, and helped her siblings get ready, and got everyone in the car and headed to church :) We had a lesson with them last night around a campfire. Their trailer currently doesn't have any electricity...or water...So they are basically camping for another 2 months until they can move into their house. In the lesson last night I could tell that Annika's decision to get baptized has really influenced her family. Where the lessons used to just be us and Annika, her parents and siblings have now joined in and expressed their desire to choose the right and do better. Her mom especially was really touched at Annika's determination  to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. Oh how I LOVE that family.

Our other 9 year old is struggling a bit. Her stepdad started drinking again. It. Broke. My. Heart. In. Half. He has a testimony and KNOWS the importance of living the gospel, but keeps falling back into addictions and really straining relationships in his family. So...it's going to take some time to help their family have good feelings for the church. The stepdad was their link to it..and so now that that has gone sour...so has everything else. Blah. Keep them in your prayers.

Welp! I think that about sums things up! :) I've been studying a lot of old conference talks and found this poem is one of them. Super powerful. :)

Heaven is not reached at a single bound;
But we build the ladder by which we rise
From the lowly earth to the vaulted skies,
And we mount to its summit round by round

Enduring is the essence of the gospel. Read 2 Nephi 31! We aren't able to receive exaltation unless we endure and endure WELL. The gospel takes time to apply. So be patient with yourself and patient with others.

I love you all. :) shout out to my lil sister Kelsey! Happy Birthday Smels! I luff you! Stop being grown up and TWELVE. It's too crazy.

Love,
Sister Fletcher :)

 It's April! (mom insert:she turns 20 this month! Hmmmm. That's crazy!)

 Yellowstone River

 Awkward pic for Kels...hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment