Monday

Shenaniganizing

Hey all :)

WOW. It's been crazy my friends. Crazy.
I'm typing this letter to all of you as I sit in my new room in the attic of the Henderson's home. My picture collage of conference quotes is to my right and Sister Hodgson is sitting on her bed within arms reach to the left of me. We live in a members home. This house is ooooooooold. I love it. Minus the creepy noises at night. Haha We have a mini fridge, a table to study at, a dresser, shelves for all our food, and a cute little walk in closet all in one room. We don't have a shower....but we have a bathtub thing with a hose...so that's fun. Hahaha

Leaving Billings was rough. I don't think it hit me until my last day there and we were driving to the church to pick up the sisters that were transferring from Wyoming. We had driven from one end of the area to the other and I finally realized that my work there was done for a time. So sad. I'll sure miss you Mighty Monad ward.

This was my second time transferring somewhere and I was going the full 9 yards...again. Missoula zone...Billings zone ....and back to Missoula. I did that exact same drive a year ago when I first came on my mission! Crazy. Haha It felt like coming back home. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL HERE. Missoula is surrounded by these amazing green mountains. GREEN. EVERYTHING IS SO GREEN. I love it. It's still as crazy to drive here as ever...but just pray for me and hopefully I'll get the hang of it and not kill sister Hodgson in the process ;)

I can't even explain to all of you how much love I have for Sister Hodgson. She is such a hard worker and we have hit the ground running. I'm learning so much and just trying to catch up with how great of a missionary she is. Also. We just laugh. All. The. Time. Sister Henderson (we live with her and her husband) was talking to us yesterday and asked how thing were going with adjusting to having a
new companion. We told her how we have known each other for a year now, and how we were so excited to be companions and she said "oh well that explains all the laughing and giggling I heard last night! I was wondering how you two had clicked so fast!" Hahaha we are working on laughing quieter ;)

We have gotten this transfer off to an AMAZING start. We had a zone conference call this week and the zone leaders shared Mosiah 18:30 with us and whenever it said Mormon they said Missoula. "And now it came to pass that all this was done in Missoula, yea, by the waters of Missoula, in the forest that was near the waters of Missoula; yea, the place of Missoula, the waters of Missoula, the forest of Missoula, how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea, and how blessed are they, for they shall sing to his praise forever." Brilliant eh? We have a goal to make Missoula like Mormon. So what do we have to do? Help them to come to a knowledge of their Redeemer! Aka. Teach everyone. Talk to everyone. Testify to everyone. Missoula means baptize. Hahaha

In all reality though, the area has gone pretty dry. We have next to no one in our teaching pool. BUT. That will change. Sister Hodgson and I are bound and determined. People just need to stop breaking things. Breaking the law of chastity, breaking the commandments, breaking our hearts. Yeah. The breaking of things needs to stop. We had to tell someone the other day that Bishop had already told him he had been excommunicated and so he needed to be rebaptized. That was fun. We had a pretty solid part member family and they decided to drop off the face of the earth. Joy. So we have been tracking down a lot of potential investigators that have turned out not to really be potentials...because approximately zero of them have been interested...........We had a few people we are working with come to church so that's awesome! Lots of ups and downs.

We had a pretty cool moment last night at the Pepions. My trainer, Sister Rammell, worked with them a lot when she was in this area and they are doing amazing things now. They are working toward the temple and are making great steps to do that! :) they got a calling to teach the youth Sunday school class and Sunday was their first day. From what it sounds like, it went great! They are both noticing how the gospel is influencing  them. They were just so happy. I started tearing up a little bit when we were talking to them because I realized that at that very moment I was exactly where God needed me to be right then. It's always good to be able to feel that, especially when you transfer to a new area.

I met all of the sisters in the two zones that Sister Hodgson and I cover. I love them all so much! They are doing great things here. We are starting up exchanges next week. It gives me a bit of time to get to know the area as all of the sister will be coming here to work in our area for exchanges. I have no idea what I'm doing! Ah. We travel down to Helena for MLC on Wednesday. Waking up at 5 and driving 2 hours! Woot! ;)

Love you all :)

Love,
Sister Fletcher :)

 The picture collage is back!

Whole lotta rain


Ready...set...street contact!

 Trying to take out the trash and someone calls....missionary work at its finest.
Grapes huh? Reliving the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment