Monday

Goodness Gracious

Hey Y'all! 

This week was INSANE. So many wonderful miracles. There were so many experiences I had that I will hold dear for the rest of my life. Where do I start?! 

Well I guess first off, I forgot to mention last week that we got a call from a woman and she asked what she needed to do to get baptized. Sister Crosland and I were speechless. We set up a time to meet with her that day, invited her to be baptized. And she is! December 10th. She's in the YSA Ward, but we are SO EXCITED for her! 

On Monday we drove out to the furthest corner of our area. It's 12 miles from where we live, literally the middle of no where. But we had this awesome part member family to teach. Seriously the cutest little family ever. The dad is a member, the mom isn't and they have 3 cute kiddos. We taught the plan of salvation and it was so fun because these kids had never heard about any of it before! And it was so cool to see the Dad trying to remember things again. We are hoping to invite them to work towards the temple in the next lesson we have with them. 

Tuesday. Tuesday was the most bittersweet day ever. We drove down to Helena for MLC. It was so good to see some of my favorite people. I just can't say enough about my love for President and Sister Wadsworth and Elder and Sister Baird. They have changed my life. The entirety of MLC was focused on the Book of Mormon. It was so powerful and exactly what Sister Crosland and I needed to hear to help our investigators. This MLC was my last...and man that was rough. I had to give my departing testimony alongside 3 of the sisters in my MTC district. I think we went through half of a box of tissues. I can't express adequately how grateful I am for my mission and how it has changed my life. 

On Tuesday night we had an awesome miracle! We went to try a part member family that recently moved in. I can't remember if I said anything about Jonette? Well anyway, we had super high hopes for her and Saul (her boyfriend who is not a member but wants to get baptized) but they dropped off the face of the earth! So, I went up to the door grumbling a little bit. "They're not going to be home and we'll have to knock on doors in this trailer park in the dark" "they probably just wanted the churches help and really don't have real intent" Awful right?! Well. I got a spiritual slap in the face when Jonette let us in and we got to teach her all about the Book of Mormon and remind her of the covenants she's made. It was amazing, the spirit was SO strong. That experience really made me reflect on my faith, or lack thereof. 

On Wednesday we found Marie! She was just walking on the street with a grocery cart. We initially passed her in route to another appointment, but then felt prompted to turn around and go back. She's awesome! We met with her again on Saturday and she read ALL of 1 Nephi!!! HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!? I about fell over I was so excited.

So much planning on Thursday. But some amazing tender mercies. It's a miracle to just see that everything happens for a reason and that trials are never in vain. We can only have true empathy for others when we have gone through something that they have too. The Savior has complete understanding and total empathy. It was cool to get a glimpse of that. 

Exchanges on Friday with the lovely Sister Parsons. She's wonderful :) We found Michael! Street contacting again. We might have interrupted his sandwich eating by teaching him the entire restoration...BUT.....

HE CAME TO CHURCH. Seriously the entirety of 3rd Ward attacked him. They are so awesome at fellowshipping investigators. He stayed for all 3 hours. After when we asked him what he thought he said "it was everything I had hoped for" Ah. So cool. OH. And another part member family (taught them Saturday night) we are teaching came to church as well. We were absolutely STUNNED. BEST SUNDAY EVER. We were running all over the place. We also got a new bishopric in 3rd Ward. Bishop Thornock! I'm so excited to work with him more! :) 

Oh man. This email is a mile and a half long. I congratulate anyone who actually read up until this point. 

Wow. I'm just so grateful for my mission. Miracles happen every single day. I came across a quote this week by Matthew Cowley that I'll end off with this week. It was in a letter home to his family when he was serving his mission. 

"With all this work before me … , you can expect me home sometime during the millennium.”

Love you all :) 

Love, Sister Fletcher :) 
Exchanges!

Sisters at MLC

 Birthday shoutout to my MTC companion Sister Linney! 

 She's the best. I love my compi comp

 Watching the dogs....not a good idea. 

 it's a good thing they're cute.


 Moving in the next couple weeks. I'll miss this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment